14-13-2 chains that retract and lower the landing gears

Gary Brink

First, I thank the Lord for this forum and all of the knowledge that is out there. I need to replace the chains in the wings of my 14-13-2 and I can't find a part number. I did learn that is is "diameter # 89" but I don' know if that is enough information to be able to even find it or order new chains. Any help or advice is appreciated!
Gary

Hi Gary,
The Dia. in the parts manual is short for Diamond, not diameter. Diamond Chain Company type #89 chain is now known as ANSI type #25. The Diamond type #82 chain fronm the hand crank to the torque tube under the seat is now ANSI #35 chain.

Diamond is still making chain today and should be available at any industrial supply company (http://www.diamondchain.com) for their website.
Ron
[/url]

Jonathan,
Thats just evidence of too much time spent collecting old books full of useless information (at least, that's what my wife calls them) and not enough time spent working on my Bellanca!
Ron

Ron,

In the Luscombe community there is a cheerful debate on whether you can maintain a polished Luscombe *and* have time to fly it. I suppose the same can be speculated about people who can't get enough of old books on aviation :wink: ...or people who spend entirely too much time posting in aviation forums :oops:

Gawd, sometimes I see that "Century Club" moniker placed below my name on these boards as a sign that it's time to be less a gadfly and fly!

Jonathan

Back