14-13-2 electrical system upgrade?

planebones

As N74348's restoration nears the stage of installing the boot cowl, I figured I should go through the electrical system and avionics installation. A pack of open fuses mounted on the firewall? "Handshake" connectors taped together from the factory?, a mechanical switch that interupts the GROUND circuit instead of power?......wow I got quite a Bellanca education studying the thing out.

Have any of you restorers "upgraded "your electrical system to a modern type master switch controlled selenoid? fuses or circuit breakers in the cabin where they are accessable? Switches relocated where you can actually see them? My panel doesn't have a Cylinder head temp guage....isn't that required instrumentation? thanks Ken

I have all new wiring and breaker in my 14-13-2. I did a ground up restoration in 2000 and all of it was replaced but the wiring to the lights in the wing.

Oil temp and pressure, tach and manifoild if needed and flight instruments. Thats all as far as I know. I have a couple of others like fuel pressure, vacum , egt and cht :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back