14-13-2 landing gear warning wiring

artL

I have a 1947 14-13-2 S/N 1334 that came with a factory installed MLG electric motor option. There is a micro switch on the L/H retract strut, another on the L/H gear strut (squat switch) and another micro switch on the throttle - all of which look "factory". There is also a micro switch on the R/H retract strut which clearly look like an add-on however I cannot find any record of an aftermarket installation. Looking at the original wiring diagrams I cannot tell if the retract strut switches were originally installed on both L/H and R/H MLG. Can anyone shed light on the original installation? Thanks for any help, artL.

When I took apart serial number 1074 it only had one switch on one side the other switch was from the carb low idle gear up warning, I think that caused the demize of this plane since he had two green lights but one gear was not locked all the way.

tjbell, thank you for the input. Your comment about one switch on one side and one on the carb supports my thought that as delivered it did not have a micro-switch on each MLG. However your comment about two green lights confuses me as my panel only has one gear warning light. Nevertheless I appreciate your input and will add it to my knowledge base.

Back