14-13 gear stops

guzziduck

Where exactly are the gear stops that were added to the 14-13s and how are they adjusted. All I can find on mine are machine circular steel collars about 1/2 in. thick directly behind the self locking nut on the threaded shaft that runs the gear. Right side makes light contact with the bracket that hold the "nut" that runs the gear but the left side hits nothing. Also there is a very slight air gap between the stop blocks when the gear is fully down. Is that normal? Thanks, Rich

I have the same thing as yours on only one of the gear, don't remember if right or left, it's like a thick washer/spacer installed just before the nut goes on.
From my observation, the stops where the drag link break should touch each other, if not, every touch down will give a little twisting jerk on the rear spar via that critical attachment. I have to adjust mine so the stop touch as I also see a little light thru on the left side while the right side touch each other. It's about half turn on the screw. You wouldn't have this problem with hydraulic retract system but our mecanical chain system need to be adjusted like a watch.

Should we exchange picture? , I can make some today. my e-mail is mariejoalain@videotron.ca, if you want to send me a message so I can reply.

Alain.

Kevin is the stop also threaded on the shaft? Put a wrench on the self locking nut and nothing wanted to move didn't get very rough as wasn't sure what I was doing. Rich

There is a threaded rod screwed into the end of the jack screw and the nut is threaded into it.

Kevin

Back