14-13 price on parts plane

tjbell

What is a good price for a 14-13 that has the gear knocked out of it, cracked wings from gear, and engine has a prop strike, supposedly the top half of engine has 150 hours on it, no avionics in it, fuselage looks good and interior but do not know if wings damaged the fuselage on impact? Thanks for any advise, Joe Bell

Joe,
I've seen a few Cruisairs that had the gear "knocked out" that damaged the wings...but almost never the
spars. I've seen these wings repaired. Check the damage carefully to see if this is the case. If the prop strike
was with a metal prop, the chances are 50/50 that the crank is cracked in the rear. With wood blades, you
have a better chance of survival. The fuselage will be undamaged at the spar fittings, however, fuselages
by themselves are practically worthless.
The last Cruisair I got, less engine, with really good wings was free. However, it cost me $2,000 to get it
home. So, I'd say $2000 max, if you don't have to haul it far and have a place to put it inside.
Dan

Thanks Dan, I have an extra set of wings and fuselage from a parts plane, that I may some day decide to rebuild with all of these parts. The prop was metal. I have pictures of it, if you would like to contact me off line and show you for a better ideal. Thanks Joe

Does it have clean paperwork, or are you going to have to fight with the Feds? That can make a difference between a fixer and a doner plane. Just something to think about. _____Grant.

Back