14-19-2 oil filter options?

I have an oil filter on the crate. It is a stock Continental and uses Ch48110 filter. Lynn the crate

I also have a screw on type oil filter. The standard 0-470 filter neck fits fine. It's a little tight, but if you don't crank the filter on with 10000000 foot pounds of torque, it isn't too bad.
I think the filter neck you want is Tempest part # C6LC-S
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/fmengadapter.php

Good luck!

Thanks for the help. . I will hunt that adapter down! I have N9842B pretty much rebuilt after being "gear upped" . The engine was full of rust....so I bought another engine.....It's cylinders were also completely rusted. Now I am going back together with a set of chrome cylinders. Everyone needs to know that big continentals are being damaged more from sitting around that from flying!!!!! Ken

I am another new guy here, I just got a 57 14 19 2, n3650b, and it has a firewall mounted filter. it didnt have an stc, of course, so we had to get a field approval before i could ferry it home. it also has a modern adair fuel tank selector, which we also had to get a field approval, and a modern brackett air filter, which also required faa approval. if anybody wants one of these things for yours, i can put you in touch with the guy who can make it happen for you.

glad to be here, i have some other issues i will be posting about after i search the forum to avoid repetitive questions. i know you guys will know the answers to all my problems.

great airplane, flew it from seattle to alabama without any serioous issues. the plane had been sitting for nearly 40 years but the motor was pickled and seems to be fine. love the way it flies, and is one of the easiest taildraggers to land and i have flown a lot of taildraggers. amazing airplane for its vintage.

Bob, what can you tell me about the Adair fuel valve? I checked the N# 3650B on FAA site, something wrong there FYI Lynn the crate

its 7650b, currently registered to dale harlan, we are waiting for the faa paperwork trail to settle before i send in my registration. the ia who got it all okayed is tim boughner, his email is tim@timsair.com. hes in seattle. he's an amazing mechanic, worked wonders for me every time i was stumped.

the valve works just like butter.

bob

Back