14-19-2 Powerpac

STK

Any suggestions for places to get my powerpac overhauled? The landing gear won’t come up, which is way better than not going down. It makes no difference if I use the hand pump or engine driven. The flaps work fine.

Call Cox Airparts in Wichita 316-945-0737 rcox@coxairparts.com. I just had mine done by them. Not cheap but they are the only game in town. I got it upgraded and overhauled. Lynn the Crate.

I called them. 3-4 weeks turn time and $2900. Power Packs Plus has one one the shelf ready to go for an extra $500.

Yep, mine took over 6weeks. They did a nice job and it has worked perfectly. I also had the retract struts overhauled by new Bellanca. Remember this works over 1200psi so make sure you seal the pipe threads. Mine over time started to weep on the pipe threads on the struts so I had to seal them with Teflon tape and Loctite 545. Another caution if you use Cox leave all the fittings in place. Lynn the Crate

Thanks for the information. You are a wealth of knowledge on the subject. As always!!

I'm glad that I could help. I wish more people would use this forum to pass lessons learned. When I installed my power pac I ended up cracking a fuel hose. I replaced the three of them and another 600 bucks. Gee they were only 48 yrs old! Lynn the Crate :)

Turns out that it isn’t the powerpak. I blew an o-ring in my actuator. I had gone through both main gear actuators and put new o-rings throughout. 4 flights later and the o-ring on the piston in the actuator let go. Much less expensive, but not sure why it failed.

Back