14-19/2 tailwheel parts list.

gjordan

I drug home another Cruisair basket case last weekend, and since today is cold and stormy I looked through the paper work and ran across a parts list for the 14-19 series tailwheel. I understand that the Cruisemaster doesnt have a parts list ,so I thought this might be a help to Master owners. The diagram is actually from the Cruisair parts book, but the part numbers are all upgraded to 14-19 parts. This is from 1973 and is initialed by Harry Halsted, who was the Bellanca parts man at that time.If a copy would help you, shoot me an Email at( gjordan 14132@yahoo.com) with a mailing address ,and I will forward a copy. You can buy me a soda(or beer) at next years flyin._______Grant.

Grant ,your on for a six pack. I sent you my address. The more info the better. I'm trying to source the Chevron seals (Vseals) and a # would sure help. The local place I bought them from 6 yrs ago went out of business. You can bet these are now being made in China. Lynn the crate :lol:

Lynn, the part number for the packing is a Bellanca part number, so I dont know if that would cross reference ? I think Dan Cullman gave a part number for the packing a few years ago, but my memory is far from perfect. This storm is supposed to last a few days ,so I will mail on tues. or weds. ____Grant.

Grant, I'm getting mail delivery failure for your Yahoo act. My address 356 Forestwood Drive Gibsonia PA 15044 Lynn :shock:

Grant, Ditto Lynn's return of email to you. I was going to ask for a copy, as well. Lynn, I can get the USA built TW packings. I just sent a set to a new owner in Virginia. You might try a hydraulic or agricultural implement outlet. I'll help if you can't get them. Dan

Dan, thanks for the help. I have one other place to try for the packings before I turn it over to you. I just had a call Fri night from a man in VA. looking for a Cruisemaster. I believe his name was Ken and he is new to the club. Said he was interested in one that is in Utah. I also told him of the pink shark mouth in MT.that has been for sale. Lynn the crate flies on :)

Lynn, the list is on the way. The copies are a little light , but readable. Dan, I already thought of you since I also found a 14-9 manual in the pile of paper work so I sent you the tailwheel list and the 14-9 manual. Your the only guy I know that has a 14-9 and a 14-19-2. I have good fun sharing information with other Bellanca owners._____Grant.

Larrys post just reminded me that computers conspire against me. I have no idea why it didnt highlight the whole address. Oh well! Computers get faster and smarter while I get slower and less smart.___Grant.

The seals that I used in the tailwheel strut for N6RJ, I purchased from Dayton Seals & Packing, LTD. Dayton Ohio 45402 937-228-2300

VP 1.000x1.375 (1-7-1) $13.25

could have probably got a way with using a 1-6-1 stack.

Dan Schultz
937-603-2459 cell

Grant,

Thanks for the paperwork, too bad we dont have a parts manual like that for the rest of the airplane,

Thanks again,
Dan

Lynn, did you get your chevron packings? I sent a set to new members Joe and Peter Santana in Virginia. I passed by supply house that has been providing these in the past and bought two more sets at a tad more than $ 10.00 each. They also carry the correct size for the MLG on the Cruisair and "O" rings for Cruisemaster. The "O" rings are made by this supply house/Mfg facility. It is my understanding that the packings are made in Oregon. Dan

Dan, send me a set I found some but I don't think they are very fresh.
Lynn Ford 356 Forestwood Drive Gibsonia Pa 15044-9208 :D

Ok, I'll mail out tomorrow. I put a little "Granville Strut Seal" in with whatever fluid you use to keep 'em soft. Dan

Dan, thanks check is in the mail. What is the arrangement that is used with the kit you sent me? The 1-7-1 does it have the male packing at the top or is the larger female at the top? My crate has just 5 v seals (chevron neofab) in the strut. I got a new strut from Carroll at AA, a new collar from Cy and the new seals from you. The seals I found here in Pittsburgh are the same as the ones you sent but I had no idea about the male / female seals. I have the drawings for Cruisair and 14-19 but they do not show the seal arrangement. The rebuild is due to a worn steering collar that is starting to give me a free castoring tailwheel. This is lots of fun while landing! I have been hard at work on my friends Spartan Exec a 1937 model that is a work of art. The parking brake T handle is right next to the cabin heat T handle! Just like my crate where the carb heat T handle is right next to the parking brake T handle. The crate had major damage in 1959 when the pilot pulled parking brake handle on instead of carb heat. He landed hit the brakes and it was on it's back in seconds. I painted my T-handle yellow and only check carb heat on downwind like Lycoming Cherokees.We painted his yellow too. Works fine for me and is piece of mind. Merry Xmas to all the Forum. Lynn :lol:

Lynn, The pointed side of the V packings point up. So, male end goes in first. The female packing is last, just under the threaded bushing. Use 1-6-1 or 1-7-1. I dont think it makes much difference. Finger tighten the upper bushing - clean threads, of course and about another half turn more. That should do it. Dan, back in Vietnam.

Ok thanks Dan, now I got the idea. Guys like you keep guys like me flying-----Thank you LORD. Vietnam, Lyndon Johnson, the Wall, Thank God I was in an F106 Squadron the only Century Series interceptor never to see Vietnam. I fought what we called the "Battle of Seattle" seek and destroy all the girls and beer we could flush out of the Seattle area bars and I loved every minute of it! Lynn the crate soldiers on :)

Back