14-19-3 Electrical Schematic

Rob58

I officially nominate the schematic diagram from the 14-19-3 POH as the most pitiful piece of documentation for a certificated aircraft ever produced... a real step down in quality from the -2 diagram. So I do have a question - can someone help me figure out what the purpose of the switch highlighted on the attached diagram? Thanks, Rob

I totally agree with your assessment. It’s basically rubish.

I believe that is the nav light switch. If you look at the back of your panel, the nav light switch is supposed to be a DPDT switch. The nav light side is wired up in a simple on / off setup. The other side is setup with the (I believe) power side of the gear indicator lights. If the nav lights are off, the lights get 12V, but if the nav lights are on, the other line is hot, which runs to a biggish resistor in line, so the lights only have ~10V (on memory) and are a bit dimmer.

It’s possible when I had to replace that wiring, I didn’t include the dimmed side and always drive 12V to the lights. If you’re going to use LEDs, you definitely don’t want the resistor circuit. Whole thing seemed hokey and unnecessarily engineered to me...

WOW Rob, your right. That schematic looks like high school electronics class, Freshman year. Nav light sounds and looks right. What is labeled on the CB panel 5 amp? May provide some clue. You ever notice nobody and I mean nobody from the factory or the known so called Bellanca shops monitors and or reply on this forum. Ticks me off, damn shame. Lynn the crate :x

Brian, you have just solved the mystery for me - I keep owing you more and more for your help - thanks a million! Lynn, I couldn't agree with you more - we are orphaned castaways. The Viking folks are obviously the favored child. I'm thankful for my family of fellow Cruisemaster owners, small as the clan might be. We need to stick together! Thanks guys!!!

Back