14-19-3 Landing Gear Adjustment

Rob58

Does anyone have the specs for the over-center measurement for both the mains and nose gear in the 260 Cruisemaster? Are there any special tricks to adjusting the microswitches? Thanks… Rob

The over-center measurements (with a diagram showing proper way to measure) is in one of the service letters from Bellanca. If you don't have a copy of the service letters from the Club, I'd recommend getting a copy. Lots of them apply to the -3. Unfortunately, I'm moving this week and my copy is buried in a box somewhere, not to appear until it's in the new place.

Adjusting the microswitches was pretty straight-forward. There are little safety-wired bolts on the gear leg that you adjust, rather than adjusting the microswitches themselves, at least on the nose gear. I think the mains are the same, but I haven't had to mess with them yet. It's definitely a two person job. One in the cabin to look at lights and pump the gear, the other down on the ground to turn the bolts. Just don't forget that the nose gear comes down in a hurry when the person in the cabin pushes the gear lever (sigh... that kind of hurt).

Thanks Brian, I didn't realize that this information was in one of the service letters. I did buy a complete set a while back but must admit I haven't gone through them in detail yet. Good luck on the move!

bbarrett said:
It's definitely a two person job.

I put a USB camera pointing at the lights and ran a long cable to my laptop sitting on the hanger floor where I could see it. The kind of help I get a the airport is full of old A&Ps that always know everything and have a better way to do everything.. they think :)
I've also been known to connect a sonalert to the lights...

Back