14-19-3a's at OSH

N8506R

Hey Joe,

There were THREE of us at OSH! Another guy came up to me while I was polishing and said his was parked on the north side ut I didn't get a chance to see it.
We should have a group fly-in of -3a's since the Viking guys can't ever get it together.

Steve

Steve,

Congrats on winning Best in Type Bellanca at OSH last week. Your airplane is very nice.

Joe

N8545R
14-19-3A

N8506R said:
We should have a group fly-in of -3a's since the Viking guys can't ever get it together.

Seems like the Viking guys have a couple of events a year.

2008 Vegas/Hoover Dam in the spring and Santa Fe in the fall.

2009 Bryce Canyon spring. Durango in the Fall.

Of course they do Columbia every year too.

I was teasing you guys about Oshkosh. I saw two Vikings, one of which was in the repair area for some reason, five three-tail airplanes and, like I mentioned, three -3a's. I thought the attendance at the low-wing forum was kind of light, too.

We can talk to EAA about a Bellanca row next year. You wouldn't believe how many Bellanca fans I talked to who wondered where we all were.

Steve

We attended OSH in '08 with our '78 Viking and I was disappointed that we had to park park in the "north forty" due to the age of our Viking. Having an all Bellanca row would be great but all of us with Super Vikings would be left out. I sent an email to EAA Vintage Aircraft back in January suggesting that production numbers and/or numbers still registered be included in the criteria for Vintage parking, not just aircraft age. The criteria in it's present form deny AirVenture enthusiasts the chance to view rarely seen aircraft. I did not receive any response. Perhaps it was the sentence about the late 60's ex-flight school airplanes in the Vintage parking area that haven't had there bellies washed since the Regan administration and were parked there only for convenience.......We hope to make it to OSH in '10 and would love to park with the pre-'70 Vikings, -3's, the triple-tails and the high-wing Bellancas.

http://www.oglecountyairport.com/ is available as a launching pont. It's about an hour south of OSH or an hour east of Blakesburg. EAA 682 would be happy to do what we can to help!

My wife used to be Co-Chair of Aircraft Registration during the fly-in until her position was outsourced(!) but still probably has enough contacts to set up a modest group arrival. It seems to me that the Mooney guys do that and I think they let them park together regardless of the age of the aircraft. We're at Kenosha Airport (ENW) and they have a huge ramp and a helpful tower for getting the bunch together. No offence to Ogle County, but we've go a lot of concrete, an ILS, and a couple of FBO's in case anyone needs anything, (but you guys do have the best July 4th fly-in).

Back