14-19 wing bolts.

gjordan

Could anyone tell me the AN number for Cruismaster wing bolts. I ran across a new set that I had purchased for some project, but I dont know if they are correct for a 14-19 or maybe for a 14-19-3? _____Grant.

Grant,
I know the wing attach bolts are AN10...I'll have to look up the lengths. I'll bet they are the same for all the 14-19 series.
The 14-13 used AN9 bolts.
Dan

OOPs, turns out these are AN9s. When I set them aside years ago I labeled them Cruismaster. No idea why, but far too long ago to remember. Thanks Dan and Rob. Rob, was the length you gave for the tricycle gear Cruismaster or the -2 ? I think the rear bolts would be about an inch longer on the -3. Thanks again, ____Grant.

Grant, these part numbers came out of the parts manual for the 260... and they are the same for the Vikings. I'm really feeling pretty dumb right now considering how many sets of wings I have for both the -2 and the -3. First of all the longer bolts are of course in the rear position (reversed from what I posted above). I never gave thought to the width of the rear spar being different (between taildragger & tricycle) just because it supports the landing gear on the tricycle models. Maybe Dan can confirm the correct length for the -2 wing bolts. I'm going to measure the distance between the attach brackets so that I don't make assumptions about this in the future... Rob

I have several rotten 14-13 wings that I will see tomorrow and see what the length should be. I also didnt find all of the bolts and washers that my paperwork shows. After many years WHO KNOWS. Looking thru dust covered box,s at my place is too often like an Easter Egg Hunt. You never know what you will find. Anybody need a set of 220 pistons???? ____Grant.

Back