1413 bottom aileron cables.

Gary Brink

I am curious about the routing of the bottom aileron cables. There is a small pulley on the bottom of one of the "floor braces" that I expect it must go through. However it doesn't appear to go under the outside bar so the floor board would pinch the cables. I know this isn't right but I am at a loss about how they get routed. Additionally, what do I use to attach the top aileron cables to the chain over the yoke? Hopefully, it isn't a master link because they seem to be hard to find.
Thanks,
Gary

My pictures of the aileron/chain connection is in my other computer.
I will try to post it here soon.

Do you have the cruisair manual.. it has a diagram of the routing, but I know that's not always enough.
I didn't take pix when I had the wing root fairing off last time.

8)

Yes, I have the manual. I still need to see how the bottom aileron cable is routed under the floor board. I'm pretty sure that my friend Jerry Sather
can help me with that cable. What I don't know is how the aileron cable is attached to the chain over the yoke.
Thank you for your help.
Gary

Gary,
What happened to your original cable? They rarely go bad.
You need an AN 145 turnbuckle assembly. This composed of AN 669LH+AN 155+AN165.
There should be a master link at the end of the chain and the last rivet/pin goes through the pin eye.
If you are routing new cable, you'll have to get a Kearny swager to place the AN 669 terminal on the end of the cable. If you don't have a "Standard Aircraft Handbook" to figure this out, your A&P/AI should be able to help.
Dan

Thanks, Dan. The original cable was apparently removed when the wings, etc. were removed. Your reply has been a blessing because I had no idea what I needed.
Gary

Gary,
Don't forget that the manual shows the aileron cables hooked up backwards. I have a bunch of parts from some one who followed the manual and got all of 30 seconds flight time after he rebuilt his Cruisair (and then crashed!) LL

I have heard this before, but for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would attempt to fly before they check the operation of ailerons, elevators, etc. Actually, I do this as part of my checklist though admittedly while I'm heading for the runway. :)
Gary

He did check to see that there was movement...he just didn't confirm it was in the right direction. He was a very experienced person...just told me that he became complacent.
ll

Crap ! sorry I forgot about the reversal in the manual !!!

I'm not mechanically dyslexic, but I do enable others ( apparently) :wink: :oops:

Well, I did follow the manual and my ailerons, elevators, and even the flaps work the way they are supposed to work. So is there another manual or perhaps a corrected version?
Gary

Back