150 franklin fuel pump mechanical

tjbell

I pulled my fuel pump off my 150 today for a rebuild, it had an AMC 17962 mechanical pump on it, where do I go for parts or rebuilt one? Thanks Joe

Joe,
I doubt you can find a rebuilt pump unless Susan Prall has one. This topic was covered some time ago. Check it out. "Now and Then Automotive" in E. Weymouth, MA. has rebuilt a few for members. Don't brag about this being for an airplane engine and it might get rebuilt.

I had read something about the AC pump and the Studabaker pump but was not for sure if this AMC was a later Stud pump? The pump I have works it is just a piece of mind since the prop and exhaust is off now I figured to replace a few things while it is apart. Thanks for any help,Joe

I have rebuilt the mechanical fuel pumps on Franklins using kits from classic car sights with good succes. My opinion is that cruisair owners should rebuild their pump each 10 years maximum. The kits are made on materials compatible with auto fuel. There are one way valves in the mechanical pump that could be installed backwards if you were to screwup...blocking fuel flow....and you get to tear it apart twice. Ken (yarddog A&P/ IA)

Back