1946 14-13

flyar112

FREE TO GOOD HOME. 1946 14-13 registered to H. Gene Autry 1951 to 1953. One of several projects purchased in Texas about 15 yrs ago. After purchase I called the Gene Autry museum in Oklahoma and asked if this was the singing cowboy "Gene Autry". Gentleman there suggested I contact a person through the Gene Autry Museum of Western Heritage in California. About 10 days after I inquired via E-Mail, I recieved a warm reply: the lady there informed me that,unfortunately, there was no one left who would have first hand information about which aircraft he owned or flew prior to around 1975. Mr Autry was a pilot most of his adult life. Mr Autry was named Orvon Gene Autry at birth. He never signed anything with an initial but simply "Gene Autry". He did have a cousin that he was very close to who was also a pilot named Homer Gene Autry. After considering the information she had gathered she strongly believed the aircraft belonged to cousin Homer and it is likely people would have seen Cowboy Singer "Gene Autry" flying the aircraft. Fuselage only in poor condition with papers to transfer legal ownership. Northwest Arkansas 479 381 0580. AR11

Back