1947 Cruisair handbrake.

Alain

I bought a 1947 Crusair with 165 h.p. Franklin. Superb bird. But the hand brake was removed because leaking and hydraulic line system bypassed. I would like to re install it. Is there anybody that could send me a picture of the exact installation and showing if there is a handle or something.? I don't know if any part missing and not enough details in the maintenance manual.
Thanks
Alain
e-mail: mariejoalain@videotron.ca

If you are talking about the emergency brake it is located right below the pilots seat up against the frame. All it is is a dual valve that when you apply pressure on the brakes you reach down and flip it forward and it traps the fluid in the line. They are still being used in other planes :lol: :lol:

Thanks Randy. This is exactly it. But I do not have a handle. just the two valves in my hand. You wouldn't have a picture by any chance?

A.

I don't have a picture. There is a round tub threaded in the inside with a screw on each end. This connects the small bar that comes out of the side of the valve to the other bar. I hope this helps or makes sense. :lol: :lol:

Alain,
The picture in the Bellance Handbook or Parts book is actually quite accurate with no other handle required. The levers on the Scott valves are joined together as Randy described and stick up throught the hole in the floor to act as the handle. If you don't have the original spacer, it would be easy to make one of tubing and put an AN3 bolt or a screw through it.
Ron

This will sure help. I'll go and lie down under the belly and check that out.
Thanks a bunch guys. I just ordered the seals to fix those leaky cylinders and re-install them on the week-end :lol:

Alain.

Alain,
I live 100 km north of Toronto. I have a '46 14-13 that I last flew in 1994. I started doing what was supposed to be about 6 months of work, and haven't managed to finish it yet.
Ron

Back