220 Franklin powered Cruisair on Barnstormers.

gjordan

As far as I know this is the only legal 220 powered Cruisair . It was converted by Mike Grimes many years ago but went on its nose sometime back. Dan Tory bought it and rebuilt it and a fellow named Al Ball bought it. The low time listed is probably since the accident. Back in the 90s I watched this plane take off just after a 150 powered Cruisair. The difference was astounding. Mike worked for the FAA , so the documentation on this plane is very good. This was my DREAM BELLACA for many years. I dont know who it is that owns it now, but it would be a great plane. I am not involved in any way with the sale. I just thought someone might find it interesting. Grant.

I am in the middle of a 12 step program A.A.A. That stands for AIRPLANE ADDICTS ANONYMOUS. I am fighting the tendency to slip back to my old evil ways. ____Grant.

Newbie here. First off, a hearty hello. I purchased the 220 Franklin powered Cruisair. Will be getting familiarized and fixing a few items. I am certain you'll be hearing from me frequently. Great plane and great people involved with these aircraft. Regards, Edward.

Congratulations Edward!
You are the envy of many Cruisair owners.
You'll have to fill us in on all the details once you get to fly it some.
-Adam

I'm working toward having the annual completed on this aircraft. Cruisair Senior 14-13-2 with a Franklin 220 and hydraulic landing gear. A question --- is there anyone around willing to train me in this aircraft. Seems as though the number of CFI familiar with this aircraft isn't large. The aircraft is in Santa Paula. If anyone has a lead I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Edward

Edward,
If you haven't found anyone by June 8th, the annual Bellanca-Champion Fly-In is in Columbia, CA from June 8-10.
This will probably be the largest gathering of Bellanca CFI's on the West Coast all year.
-Adam

I will ask Dan. He is doing the annual. The BC meet in June would be perfect but I will be in New Zealand for a few weeks.
In any event I am signed up for EMT training mid-May in a Citabria so have time to figure this out. Thanks for the input.

If anyone wants to volunteer.....

Back