220 hp Franklin on 14-13-3

cglucas

A guy in Arizona has FAA approval on his cruiseair with a 220 Franklin. He has mailed a copy of all of his engineering and test flight results to Bruce Kown at Classic Aire. Bruce will have a copy of these documents at his booth at Sun-N-Fun this year for any of you to look at. I am sure copies will be available if you need them.
The owner used a modified Maul engine mount instead of the original Bellanca mount. Appearantly no changes to the airframe that were major.

Hope this information helps someone.

Greg Lucas

Greg...

There is also a 14-13-2 in South Dakota, and a 14-13-? in ID that have had this done. Can't think off hand which shop did it, but they were both done at the same place....i've got a card and name somewhere. I have seen the ID one, and it's owner says he is quite pleased but an aux. tank is a must for x-c flying. He also wishes the prop was a bit more compact, e.g. 180 lyc. conv. with compact hartzell, oh well, we can't have it all can we.

Best.
Merritt Marquiss

cglucas said:
A guy in Arizona has FAA approval on his cruiseair with a 220 Franklin. He has mailed a copy of all of his engineering and test flight results to Bruce Kown at Classic Aire. Bruce will have a copy of these documents at his booth at Sun-N-Fun this year for any of you to look at. I am sure copies will be available if you need them.
The owner used a modified Maul engine mount instead of the original Bellanca mount. Appearantly no changes to the airframe that were major.

Hope this information helps someone.

Greg Lucas

Only problem is that he had to modify the cowl. The Maule mount raised the thrustline quite a bit. Looks "funny" somehow.

Dangerous Dave Wilkie

Back