260C needs new exhaust

lanceair4p

Hello All,

I have a 260C in need of new exhaust. The mufflers are not very hard to get. The risers are not to bad either. The question I have is where can I get the collector portion (center section)? The section between the riser clamps and the muffler flange. My mechanic is striking out. Bellanca referred me to a shop in MN but they can only make the piece for the 17 series not the 14-19-3A (260C). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dawley Aviation in Wisconsin did my 260's exhaust system - same engine/cowl.
I ended up having a smaller muffler made for the left since the original was too close to the cowl and motor mount. Also added a heat shield to both, just for extra measure.

http://www.dawleyaviation.com/

Dawley does a great job, I've used them 4 times on my Viking. Love the bag of peanuts that comes back with the rebuilt exhaust too.

I too, have had good luck with Dawley. I had them repair a set of exhausts for my Dad's Franklin powered Maule. They call it repair....but it is basically "remanufacture."
Dan

Amen to all that. I have been using Dawley for all exhaust-related items and never a surprise. Many years ago, I sent in the (Citabria) crossover stack, an overcomplicated and tight piece. Got it back in 4-5 days and fit like a glove.

Finally met Larry Dawley last year at Oshkosh; about twice my height and a good old boy who can talk your ear off, all good stuff. Neck was sore after an hour of conversation ;-)

Back