7ECA Queston

TomFord

We are looking at a 7ECA and i am wondering if you can put a O-320 in. i see 2 STC's for it but they are for a certain serial number only. I looked on the type cert, and its only for the O-235. We are also looking to put it onto PK1800's. i found this in the TC

Pee-Kay 1800 (Champion dwg. 7-1118) (Models 7GC, 7GCB, 7GCBC wi t h
Lycoming O-320 engine, 7ECA, 7HC). Model 7HC eligible only on aircraft wi t h
Champion dwg. 3-1135 fuselage fittings installed at Champion factory) .

I am taking it to mean that you dont need the O-320 to put it on floats? Correct?

But is there a stc, or whats involved in getting an stc for the O-320. Both that are STC'd have the O-320 A2B

Thanks, hopefully im clear enough on what im confused about

Tom

Tom,

I asked a similar question a couple of months ago on a different site. If I remember correctly, there is one in Alaska that was converted to an O-320. I would guess you would end up with essentially the same as the other plane you were inquiring about....7GCAA ???? You still have a 7 series without flaps, if that matters at all. My 7AC-CONV (O-235) flies perfectly fine on floats (PK 1500's) without flaps. Granted, I am not flying the bush of Alaska either.
I tried to PM you this info but couldn't so here is the link to the topic I am refering to. http://www.joea.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2246

On a side note, My friend has an 7CCM that is VERY nice that he is selling with 8.50's, skis, and 1400 EDO's. I think it has wing tanks also. It is located here in Northern MN and he has flown it up to the Arctic Circle....if I had the spare cash I would by it tomorrow!!! Just my opinion but you might be better ahead to buy something together and flying than to get things approved on a different plane. I took that route on my 172 and I ended up having WAY more in it than I could have purchased one already redone.

Good Luck,
Keith

I'm just tryin to figure it out because the gcaa we looked at deff. needs fabric and the eca is completly restored. we are lookin to put it on floats and as you know, more power is always better

Back