8KCAB vs 7ECA/GCAA/GCBC Aerobatics and gross weight

jpfli

I am after jerrymjr's thoughts as well as those of the group:

Can Duane Cole style acro--that is no aggressive "G" pulling--safely be done in an 8KCAB carrying 550 - 560 lb of pilots and gas? 50lb of that will be burned off before maneuvering begins which would have the gross weight at 1850 - 1860 lb?

If not, why not? The 8KCAB aircraft is stressed at +6 and -5 gs, while the 7ECA/GCAA/GCBC are only stressed to +5 and -2 yet can carry 630/550/550 lb of useful load while doing acro.

If you were going to do mild acro and needed to carry 550 -560 lb of pilots and gas, which bird is the best one to use, and why?

Thanks for the info.

John

I do not know exactly what the question is but two days ago I was doing acro, a little over 3g max, at my gross of 1800 lbs. If I am not mistaken when I did the weight and balance I was right at the limit of the arco category. I am going to go over my figures again. I do know nothing seemed strange or out of wack when doing the arco. Yesterday I opened up the aircraft for annual inspection and again no problems.The aircraft is a 1973 8KCAB with an 1800# gross and an empty weight of 1234#.

Ken

Back