A great day!

Dover

Well today 6579N (s/n 2032) rose into the air. The first flight after a 18 month annual ( the last annual was in 1975). New interior, radios, and a lot of new parts. Good thing there wasn't a CFR, would have heard alot of hooping an hallering. Thanks to all of you who gave me tidbits of info, thanks. I will post some pics soon. But first I need to go to work to pay for all this fun.

Cheers!

Good for you! Looks great!
I especially like your interior pic with the gps in the panel ( I think..) and super upholstery job.
I'm sure you'll be smilin' all weekend.

Wonderful!!

It warms my heart so, to see another 14-19 in the air again. I can only imagine what it took to get it there after it sat for 32 years.

Well done, sir :!: A great day indeed.

Jonathan

And I eagerly await your pilot report as well :)

Man, just finding the post-AD clamps for the prop alone must have been close to a miracle.

Gentlemen:

Robert will doubtlessly fix your problems soon. The most interesting visual aspect is the interior - good - but the rest is much as any Cruisemaster you've known. The seats look nice, the panel is unmangled by notions that Viking is better.

To my mind what's important, given that this poor bird was resurrected after so long a period of time, is a pilot report....pilot report...pilot report :)

Jonathan

Larry & Gary: You should be able to see attachments now. Minor setting issue.

Lynn: You should have been able to for a while now. If you do not, try clicking on "Delete all board cookies" at the bottom of the page, and also refresh your browser. Let me know.

Patience my friend! Had to fly a three day trip. The flight last thursday went as advertised, everything worked. I am amazed at the landing characteristics. Its very straight forward. I have been able to make very nice three point landings. She tracks very nicely.

Hopefully I will get a chance to fly again on Monday. Still have the glareshield material to install.

Garmin 496 above a SL-40. The encoder is installed directly behind the GPS and the MicroAir T2000 transponder and four place intercom is on the left side. Nice to have uptodate weather and XM stereo! Replaced all the fuses with CBs...........

Tailwinds!

The seatback frames haven't been changed. However the foam was. Its not as square as the picture looks. The foam my guy used is awesome the seats are very comfortable. The foam was original, or least it sure seemed that way. The seats are a bit thinker than the original.

Got almost an hour in today over the airport. Running great and rigging is spot on.

Tailwinds

Back