AGM batteries & electronic voltage regulators

crumast

Was wondering if anyone had info concerning the necessary paperwork for installing a Concorde AGM-style battery. I spoke with the reps at Concorde, and they were of the opinion that it's a drop-in replacement via Advisory Circular 23-27. Some of the locals say it would require a 337 field approval.

Also, because of a possible reaction by the old Delco regulator with an AGM battery, I'm thinking that I may need to go electronic with a Zeftronic G1250N voltage regulator.

Anyone been down this road? Tom Robinson

I've had a sealed Concord in my Cruisair for a year, using the charger Concord specifies(Battery Minder brand). Had great luck so far. I have an old conventional voltage regulator. I did add it to the 337 that I submitted, but only because I was submitting the 337 with other alterations. I believe that the battery really only needs a log book entry.
BTW if you get a Battery Minder, make sure it's for the sealed battery and not the flooded battery.

I've had a Concord for 10 yrs and a Zeftronics generator regulator. Love it totally legal. Your friends who say you need a 337 are misinformed. Lynn the crate

Back