Air filter

guzziduck

Would like to put an air filter on the Cruisair and was wondering what it takes paper work and construction wise. Thanks Richard

Hey larry send me a copy of that I am planning on putting one on my cruiseaire in abfew months...Greg

Sent to Richard and Greg. Let me know if you have any trouble opening the zip file. It contains five TIF files. Happy New YEAR!

Pull the CD on N86851, it was approved with an ercoupe air filter. I would have thought that it would restrict breathing, but it seemed to run as good as any Franklin that I have heard . I have three different airfilters for Cruisairs, but none of them have ever been approved. One of them only filters carb heat air, another is a modified Cherokee 180 filter on a 165 Franklin, the other is a home made system that with a few refinements would be OK but who knows if anybody would ever approve it. If I ever get around to putting the 165 into my Cruisair, I will try to get the Cherokee one approved. I think it would be easier to get the feds to agree to a standard aviation filter with a few modifications, than a home made set up. I have been told that the Cherokees came with 2 different filters over the production run, and I dont know if this is an early set up or a late one. I got a new digital camera for Christmas so if I can figure it out, I will post some pictures._______Grant.

I heard about someone who had a bird get sucked into the air intake on the front of their cruiseair with near disasterous results, so one more reason to change the original system.

Back