Air vent cover for 7GCBC

mtbowhunter

I have a 1976 7GCBC and this morning while flying, the little round plastic cover on the air vent located just behind the cowling at about knee level, fell off. Hopefully , it did not hit anyone on the ground. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Joe in MT.

Joe-

They come in different sizes, while you probably have the smaller one the larger one will allow more air and seal better, check the Aircraft Spruce Catalog, .

Tom-

Tom

Thank you very much. I am not familiar with that catalog, but I will do some checking around and see it I can locate it. I really appreciate the response. Take care.

Joe.

Joe-

Just google for Aircraft Spruce, it will be your first choice, you can look at the vents and order a free catalog on-line.

Tom-

Tom:

Thank you. I'll do that. Once again, I appreciate the help. This is my first airplane and I am learning new things eveytime I look at it.

Joe.

I just lost one of my vents. 1975 7GCBC. Hole measures exactly 3 inches. Aircraft Spruce offers a choice of 2", 3 1/4", and 3 3/16". Will one of those fit, or do I need to go to another source for a 3" version?

Thanks,
Jim

Jim:

I ended up ordering the 3 1/4 " ones and they fit, but are tight. They are snug enough that they are a nuisance to try to spin open or closed while in flight. I would try seeing if you could find 3 " ones before buying the 3 1/4".

Joe.

Back