Airtex - Cruisair Seat Slings

scottj

I ordered the seat slings from Airtex and they arrived the other day. Opened the box and the quality of the product appears to be excellent, but I can’t figure out how the front and rear slings get installed, or which is which. Please refer to the attached photo of the slings on my living room carpet. Anyone have experience on installing these Airtex slings?

Thanks
Scott

Good morning,

Thought I would post an update from my initial post last night. The parts manual shows the interior and all the major components, however it does not show the front or rear seat cushion slings. Or as the manuals refers to each, "canvas seat supports", and only refers to their existence by including a narrative that the parts are not shown in the drawing. This morning I got on the phone with Airtex hoping that maybe they might have a knowledgeable staff member or drawings of how the slings are installed in the aircraft. Neither being the case. I spoke to the owner of the company and he explained that in the 20 years he has owned Airtex, my request was the first they have ever had for the Bellanca Cruisair seat slings. It's obvious in the attached photo that the larger sling is for the rear seat, and I still have something very similar installed. But the two smaller slings have me scratching my head and thinking that there must have been a metal frame of some kind that the canvas slings were part of.

I can continue to use what I have, which is 1/2" plywood with square cutouts for the butts with 3" cross webbing. Or I can modify the Airtex sling. I have several other possibilities that will work to get my butt lower in the seat so I stop hitting my head, The problem has increased with the new upholstery. Darn, one thing always leads to another.

Scott

Scott, The wide one looks like the one under my front seat, as it wraps around the tubing and is laced up, the two piece one I will have to go look under my rear seat to see?

It has been a while since I had mine but it seems to me that the front was laced to the front spar and the seat back structure. The rear was glued to the spar and a tube at the back with the lacing in the middle. It looked like it used the same glue as the fabric (like poly-tak). I thought I had photos of the seat slings but I don’t see them.

Back