Alexander Aircraft is up for sale

gjordan

I just saw the add on Barnstormers. The TC for the Cruismaster and Vikings. I suspect that it is unlikely that anyone will buy it at $750,000. I hope all low wing Bellancas dont end up orphans like our Cruisairs. _____Grant.

Hi Grant... as you know the company has been up for sale for years. Now they have dropped their asking price, probably an indicator that they are getting a bit more anxious (or desperate) to sell. Problem is they really don't have a viable business model to achieve a return on investment. I have tried to help them out in a very small way by continuing to buy parts from the factory even when I could make the parts for less. Their fate is the same as so many other businesses that tried to make a go of it in the GA market over the years. Sad, but this is reality. Perhaps a group of Bellanca owners that have extra time and money on their hands can take over and keep things going for a while longer. My dealings with AAC have been very positive. They have been very helpful with what limited resources they have. I hope this story has a happy ending for all of the stakeholders, including us!

I think univair or similar might be interested in the sub-500k range. 750k is a lot to pony up for Tc's and a parts locker

How many of all the Bellancas are left? 500 total between the viking and 14- series?
That's a lot of parts to sell to recoup even a 100000 dollar investment

There are probably less than 100 -13's flying and less than 100 total for the 14-19 and 14-19-2. More are on the registry, but many are just data plates with wings that people continue to register.

Back