Alternator conversion

utahcitab

I am wondering if anyone has converted their older generator equiped lycoming o-235 c1 on a 67 7eca to an alternator. I have seen advertisements for plane powers new FAA PMA light weight alternators. Their fit guide lists all the ACA models. Does that apply to older Ballanca built airplanes? Thanks.

Hi.... Any luck on the Alternator conversion? I asked this question in January of 2006 and got no replies. Let me know what you find out. I'm planning on going to the West Coast fly In and will see if anyone there knows anything... Jim

jimstock. I sill havent finished my project, 67 eca rebuild. I am leaving the altrernator for last in hopes that I can still use the lightweight alternator. I talked to the folks at Plane Power at oshkosh 2006, they indicated that the hang up for my airplane was that there is not an aproved mount , they said they were working on one. good luck.

Would the PMA prestolite alternator not work for you? I have a 67 GCAA with an alternator on it. It was a one time STC Interav, but I was told that the standard PMA alternator kit used on later Citabrias , could be used without any further approval since it is standard and on the Citabria parts list that is part of the type certificate data sheet.

PM me if you want more info.

Back