Another 14-13-2 in the air

tjbell

Yesterday was a big day for me, I finally was able to get 86802 back into the air, need to do a little rigging today to get it to fly straight, then I can get my ten hours of time with Tom Wright so I can fly it by myself. Thanks to all that has helped make this happen. I hope every one that is working on an old one stays at it to make it happen, it sure is rewarding to see it in the air where it belongs. Thanks Joe Bell

It was crabbing to the left on take off and landing as I watched him take off I noticed a lot of right rudder, he said in level flight the ball was off center the whole time unless he stepped on right rudder. I looked today, ailerons or off a little to the flaps opposite of what they should be and rudder adjustment could be tightened up some on the right to help pull it that way. But if you have some more ideals I am all ears for it?? Thanks Dan Cullman

Dan,
In the interest of getting all the knowledge I can get; please share with us a few of those tricks.
My ball is centered but the Cruisemaster will very slowly roll to the right if left alone. The right flap has been shimmed down slightly and there is a well bent trim tab on one of the ailerons (and it is even bent in the correct direction).
Ralph

Back