Another 14-19-3a back where she belongs

stinson6

Well folks, 7612e flies again. After nearly 3 years she finally took to the skies again. A few bugs to work out but the ole girl did 173mph (gps average) at 2350 squared at 6500 on a rather bumpy 92 degree day. New fabric and paint and general restoration. A huge thanks to Joe L. the A/P, who is a mechanical phenom and pretty damn good painter to boot, and Bruce B. for the use of the hangar and his mechanical knowledge as well. I learned so much from these guys. First flight yesterday was a quick 10 minute job in winds 25-30 and gusty with Bruce riding shotgun... I know but I couldn't wait any longer. Looking forward to getting used to this beast.

Hi Art... I am very excited for you - nice work! As I write this I am in my hangar working on getting my -3 back in the air too. For many months I have been building a history of all of the 14-19-3s. Trying to determine how many are still flying and the status of those that are not. Very happy to put your airplane back on the active list! I have been collecting pictures too. We would all love to learn more about your story of bringing 12E back to airworthy condition... please give us more details. Hope to see you in Columbia! --Rob

Rob, are you going to be at the hanger tomorrow (Monday)? I am driving to Redbluff in the morning. I might stop for a few minutes. ____Grant.

Hi Grant... my trip to the hangar was a quick one-day deal this time. Actually I flew a friends plane in but had to be back by Sunday night. Next trip I will let you know in advance - it would be nice to meet up. --Rob

Back