Anyone interested in a fly-in to Alexandria?

Gary Brink

EAA 702 of Alexandria, MN is exploring any interest in a fly-in week-end in beautiful Alexandria, MN where most of our birds were built. If there is enough interest, we would invite anything built by Bellanca. A friend is an active member of the Viking group so he is checking the interest there. We haven't set a date but it would probably be in June or July but would avoid the Osh Kosh dates. We aren't looking for a commitment but rather if there is interest. I have heard that the city will have ownership of the Bellanca building in two years so I'm not certain where the factory will be located after that time. Please respond if you would at least be interested in visiting our fair city. (Yes, I know that anything prior to 1956 wasn't built here. :D )
Thanks,
Gary

Gary, I would be up for that. I also just got a field approval for a Zeftronics Generator Controller(GCU) to replace my old Delco-Remey 1119220 35amp. Nice upgrade that was not approved for Cruisemaster. Zef makes great stuff.Lynn the crate :)

I'd be interested, and I'm sure my rents wouldn't mind if I happened to be in the area. I could probably get some friends from the Dayton area to come up too with their respective birds....

~Jonathan

I'll fly my Crusair! (1947)
Never managed to build a strong excuse to fly my Super Viking there, I would no let this one to pass up!
I suggest a date that will allow the willing crowd to stop at Oskosh on the way 'back'

I will certainly "take it under advisement" and see what seems to work best for everyone. In an unrelated note, we have been hosting Canadian pilots and passengers the night before Osh Kosh for a few years and it seems to grow every year. Lots of fun!
Gary

I might be interested if we could couple it with a return from OSH. Mostly just to meet you guys on this forum that don't come to Columbia in June.
Larry Lowenkron

Back