Autopilot Installations

N8856R

I need to find out how many of you with the 14-19, 14-19-2, and 14-19-3 (3,3A,3B,) have autopilots and which kind. I want to pursue installing an S-TEC 30 or 50 series A/P into my 260. Unfortunately, the only autopilot still in production which is STC'd for the 260's is the Century 1, which is little more than a wing leveler. Ergo, I will have to go through the "field approval" process to install anything else. My friendly local FAA Avionics Inspector (really a good guy, plus owns a Fleet Model 16!) says if someone else has done this kind of installation, we would have a good jump start on the process.

Thanks in advance,

John Morrison

I seem to have the same problem with our 14-19-3 N8841R. We have not been able to find any one who has installed one. Our avionics shop did some research and was not able to find an autopilot other then the century with an STC for type.

I should have mentioned when I started this thread: I spoke with the folks running the S-TEC/Meggitt booth at Sun 'n Fun. Since they added the earlier 17-30/17-31 Vikings to the STC, and that those airplanes are on the same Type Certificate (1A3) as the 14-19 series airplanes, they will work with me on getting a Field Approval for my 260. However, perhaps if enough Cruismaster owners show interest in installing their autopilots, then perhaps they will consider adding our airplanes to the STC ?

hey guys!
N522A (14-19) and i would both love to have a MODERN autopilot, even if it's just a wing leveler. if you need a show of hands for an STC, i'm holding up both of mine!
blue skies,
vic & N522A

For those interested a friend has an autopilot in his 14-19 from Brittian of Oklahoma city. It was installed by Allexander. It is set up to fly the GPS and the VOR. :lol: :lol:

The Brittain may well track a GPS course, but I seriously doubt how well it can fly a GPS approach, hence the need or the GPS Steering Converter.

John Morrison

14-19-3

Back