Battery going dead 7GCBC

Cat-alac

Hi Guys:

Battery is 5 years old, this spring started to die after 2-3 weeks sitting. Had my C of A done in Aug, they charged and bench tested it ok but it still goes dead. Any ideas other than the obvious of replacement? CHarging system seems ok no noticable discharge on amp meter while doing run up or under load while running.

Thnx

Hi my guess is that the battery has a internal short that causes it to discharge over time, it still charges up and tests ok right after charging , Five years is a pretty good life for a battery, you could but the charger on it and then after leaving it for a couple of days test it and I would guess it;ll be down some.

Thanks guys, I guess time to replace. What do you guys run for a battery in yours / where to order one from.

You should consider the electrical system upgrade. The little 5 amp fuse that protects the alternator VR ciruit can be a lifesaver of an addition.

Dear citabriaflyr:

Contact "Aero Battery" in Ohio at 513-271-9116 and ask for Tonya. If you're willing to pay by check (5% fee for credit cards), they will blow the socks off of Spruce, shipped and insured. These fine folks just saved me $600 over Spruce and a cool $1,000 over SOCATA (no surprise there) for a new Concorde RG-380E/44 for my TBM700. They are my new BFFs.

Jim Robins
N87VF

Back