Battery preference

tdicke

I need to replace the battery in my GCBC. It had a Gill battery. Anyone have any suggestions, likes/dislikes for a replacement? I have heard good things about Concord.

I just removed (this week) a Concord RG25XC from my (hard to start) 7ECA. It was installed April 30, 2003! It was still going strong after 9 1/2 years! I will now use it to run my pre-heater!

I decided to install an Odyssey battery to save a few pounds. So far it is working just fine.

Bill

I have used Concord, they are great, but this time I installed the Odyssey so far, 6 months I'm happy and saved weight.
Bill B

I've run a sealed Concord RG-35A in my Citabria for the past six years and have never been happier!
The Gill battery never cranked my engine like the Concord does and now I've sealed over the hole in the belly.

I put a RG35Axc in my 70 7GCBC. Its setup for the 35 size battery. What's the battery box/Approval basis for the Oddessy? I've seen them in Cub's and experimentals.

Sealed battery, Concorde > Gill every time.

I installed the Odyssey battery in my 7GCBC and I am quite happy with the weight reductions and the
starting capability. This battery is in a Float Plane and this coming May will be the start of the third season installed in the aircraft. I have pictures of the install if you are interested. The picture was too large to add to this message. I did not move the battery to the front, just used original wiring etc. and it works just fine.
At this point, I am Happy

You can use the Oddessy in the RG-25 metal box on current production (which is retrofit-able). There are just 2 wood spacer blocks and maybe a different hold down rubber block. I cant remember exactly concerning the latter.

Back