Bellanca CF

cglucas

I have aquired a book about Bellanca CF The emergence of the cabin monoplane in the United States. I had no clue the CF had an open cockpit with a closed cabin for passengers. It reminded me of configuration of the Boeing mail plane that was at Blakesburg this year. I would sure like to see a CF at some of the shows.....Greg

Greg,what book did you find? I just dug out my copy of DELAWARE AVIATION HISTORY by George Frebert. About a third of the book is devoted to Bellanca,s. It talks about the CF breaking 13 flying records in the early 20s. It covers all kinds of little known Bellanca,s. There are a couple of miss labeled photos, but overall it is a great book for us Bellanca Nuts. Maybe we should compile a list of books that are related to our planes.____Grant.

The book Greg mentions was authored by Jay Spenser and published by the NASM. about 20 years ago. The one and only CF was built in Omaha about '23/'24, powered by a 90HP. Anzani. It was last displayed at the Silver Hill facility of the NASM. I saw it there in the early '90s. Dan

Back