Bellanca Emblem

cruiseair74372

I am thinking about having some Bellanca emblems made like where on the Cruiseair.(They are made out of metal) I need 2 sets. Is there anyone out there interested in some. If you are and we can get enough to make it affordable I will have some done. I have no idea what they will cost. Hopefully around $30. a set. I am meeting with the cutter next week. Let me know. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Randy, If you can get them done for anywhere near 30 dollars I will buy 2 sets. The last time I saw any for sale was about a year ago on EBAY. I think that they went for over 100 dollars. I am sure there is a demand for them. Do you know if the originals were stainless or aluminum? Keep us posted._____Grant.

Bob, I think we are talking about the metal emblems on the sides of the cowl ,not the yoke emblems. Of course I may be confused ,which has happened a few times before._____Grant

What year models were the emblem for? I have a 1960 14-19-3 N8835R "The Blue Bug Smasher!" If I can get my new set of Flying wires in, I would like to fly it to Sun N Fun. Anyone going? I am interested in the Original Bellenca Emblem. Shawn Francis 580 317-5999 Hugo, OK

Shawn,The emblem we are talking about was (as far as I know) only used on Cruisairs. I dont even know if it was an option or if all Cruisairs had them. There seem to be very few planes that still have them,but they look classy on those few._____Grant

I will let you all know something in a week or so. They are the emblems on the cowl not the yoke. I have the emblems on the yoke too and really like them. The ones on my cowl are paint grip type metal. I am going to have them priced for metal and Aluminum. :lol: :lol:

Randy,since you already have a set,you probably are aware that they are not the same on both sides. It will require two set ups for the sheet metal shop. I believe that the club used to have the original factory drawing available. Maybe Bob can dust off the file cabinets and locate them for you?___I hope it all works out,_____Grant.

I am not looking to make any money just what it cost. I know they are both different. I like the left side the B looks better, I guess you could just read it from right to left. :lol: :lol:

JOHNATHON WERE ARE YOU ??????????????????????????????????????????

All of you are nuts.......If you were willing to order maybe 50 pairs of these, I could find someone to waterjet these out for ?$. I have a pair of these funky, aluminum emblems for a pattern. Dan

I am not sure why we are nuts?? That is what I was planing on doing. I have a set. Water jet pricing has come down in the last few years. I know setup is most the cost. we will see this week. :lol: :lol:

I bought that last set off ebay about a year ago, but am a bit unhappy with them. I think they need to be made out of thicker aluminum rather than the thin stuff. pay attention to the thinckess of the metal. I have not installed them yet on my cruiseair as they are not really for cruiseair, but they just look so cooooool . Don't know the actual thickness of the metal but closer to 1/32' and should be 1/8' thick.

If the price is right I'd buy a pair but not a 100.00, does not worth that with modern technology of computers and water jet. Still, they look real good, I have an original one on the left side and a sticker on the right. Would d replace.

Here some nice pics of my Crusair... :wink: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bill_fawcett/sets/72157614195142899/show/

I bought a pair on ebay and they are well made, but I think they need to be made of thicker material. I think mine are then aluminum. Will bend if breathed upon.

Back