Bellanca Pilot monthly newsletter 1970 - 1976

dwjeepilot

When I bought my 14-19-3 I had a binder in the plane consisting of over 250 pages of the original "Bellanca Pilot" which was a monthly newsletter containing information about parts, sources,, modifications,flight characteristics,historical information, and maintenance. A lot of owner letters. I will check out the cost to copy it if I get any interest from you guys. Let me know and we'll go from there. Duane

Wow! Are you ever lucky...when I bought my 14-13-2 project, I received the bird in thousands of pieces.
(Maybe hundreds) No books, manuels, log books, or anything else. The former owner had died and his wife threw away all of the log books, etc. not knowing their value. It has been an experience just to get the manuels and we are starting from scratch with the log books. I am slowly gaining but it is like having a giant jugsaw puzzle with lots of pieces. Fortunately, the guys at the factory and at Webers have been very helpful and eventually, it will fly again. At least it is still fun...and expensive! :?
Gary

This [huge] publication is available from the Club as B20-111. Member Price $56.95 (Yup, a lot of pages and work to collate, punch and bind.)

There was another club that did not last as long: Bellanca Owners Society. We have their newsletter collection as B20-121. Member Price $29.95.

Non-members can join to get these prices, or email me.

Regards,

This is money well spent! The club has more info on our old birds than you will ever find from any firm. Lynn the crate under construction. :mrgreen:

Among the first things I did after buying my Cruisemaster was join the Club and buy those back issues from previous incarnations of the Club. Robert is right - this is a LOT of material. As with any collection of letters, stories, and articles coming from what has to be the most eclectic and eccentric group of owners in aviation, subjects range from the informative to the bizarre. One guy, for example, took his -2 up to 19,500 feet just to see what sort of speed he could get. There are, naturally, stories of mods...some practical, and some reflecting measures akin to obsession. Many of these people have since flown west, along with lots of the go-to guys who'd overhaul/repair/supply spares for parts that have long ago lapsed into the unobtainium realms. This is more of a factor for other types, but every day one final old gentleman who possessed venerable and unique knowledge turns he last wrench or, sadly, forgets what a wrench is for.

Wonderful reading! Besides, there was never an ops manual worth a damn for aircraft of that era to begin with.

Jonathan

Back