Bellanca Service Letter C-136A 1/11/79

fla115

:D :D Finally got my loss of power on take off issue on my 7 KCAB resolved. After replacing the Bendix Servo and a $2,300 repair bill from the local FBO the problem still persisted. The engine ran fine until the first of June when the temps here were in the mid 90's. Then I started having a loss of power at takeoff at full throttle. I called Lycoming and gave them the symptons and they suggested either excessive fule flow or blocked muffler. Then the IA who rebuilt the engine sent me this service letter, I went out ran the engine up and cracked the mixture and she ran 2475 RPM at static and developed full power for takeoff with absolutely no problems at all. Engine is running extremely smooth now and I am one happy camper.

I am not going to pull off the servo and send it back for enrichment for high temp prolonged operation because we get some pretty cold weather here in North Florida in the Fall and Winter. This problem did not occur until the temps rose to 95 and above.

There was never anything wrong with the engine only a lack of knowledge.

Steve Dunn
Happy 7KCAB owner :D

For those of you unfamliar with this service letter it tells you to lean the mixture for full power operation or send servo back for enrichment adjustment to Bendix. The problem is easily corrected by simply leaning the mixture very slightly for takeoff. The problem does not exist at all at altitude only full power at low elevations. The problem does not exist at temps below 95 degrees for me.

Steve

Back