Blakesburg Fly-in

JackFulford

Hi All,

The Columbia flyin is a bit too far of a hike from Dallas, but I am looking hard at the Blakesburg AAA flyin this year. Anybody else going?

I am considering coming out from San Francisco, and I am fairly sure that Scott Thomas will be going as well from Virginia. Both triple tails

Yup, it's on my do-list for this year again. I believe we'll get a room at Hotel Ottumwa since my wife can't tolerate tenting anymore.

Yup, my wife and I are still planning on flying to Blakesburg this year. She even wants to drive out if the weather looks like it'll keep us from flying. What a lady!

Unfortunately, my son had to cancel AirVenture from our to-do list last night due to some conflict with his real world job.

Blakesburg was a fun trip for us. Tail winds both ways to speed us along. It was fun to talk to the other owners and hear their stories.
There were 6 triple tails. Three 14-19-2s one -3 and two 14-13-2s. All under sunny skies and reasonable temperatures.
The new owners of 9841B should get an award for the most stuff packed into a Cruisemaster. They were camping with an infant…

Yes indeed it was fun. Mimi and I had 6.3 hours to get there and 5.9 coming back. The weather going out caused about a half day delay on the second day for morning fog/ low ceilings at Berea, KY but otherwise terrific flying. Good meeting up with friends and just plain meeting others, that's really a good, laid back, social time.
I'll second the proposed award for "stuff" in a Bellanca! The unpacking just seemed to never end... including the baby stroller.

Agreed! Blakesburg was great! I really enjoyed meeting the other forum folks for the first time. Great discussions with the other Bellanca lovers. I am looking forward to to seeing everyone next year next year!

Back