Brackett Air Filter

cttully

Has anyone used a Brackett air filter in a 14-19-2? I would like to use the Brackett and the BA-173 fits in nicely, but the company says they have no STC for the Bellanca and it takes field approval.

Does anyone have a 337?

Chuck
9805B

Chucky Boy, I have a 337 Field Approval for the Brackett Air Filter Install. I would be happy to send you a copy of it. Just give me your address and I will send it to you. LYNN N9818B the crate :p

Lynn,

You are my new best friend.

Please send the 337 to:

Chuck Tully
1805 Kingfisher Ridge Cv.
Lago Vista, Texas

Thanks a lot.

Chuck

Chucky Boy. Your ZIP 78645 and the package is in the mail to you! Send me a Picture of Your Bellanca LYNN N9818B the crate

Mark man, The STC is for a 14-19-2 with the Cont. OPEC-470 not the LYC O-435. I will send you a copy of what I have if you provide an address. LYNN N9818B the crate :x

Thanks, Lynn. Sorry I forgot the zip code. I was so excited about the 337, I lost my head

Give me your email and I’ll send you a few photos.

Chuck

mark said:
Does your STC cover the 14-19, with the lyc.0-345? if so I too would like a copy? Mark
Mark, I got a one-time field approval several years ago to put on a Brackett filter on my 14-19's O-435. The filter is made for the Piper PA24-250. Model 1310 assy or 1305. I'ld have to look that up. I ordered the filter frame undrilled from Brackett. so that I could put in my own holes for mounting. Mr. Brackett sent some flow numbers so that I could "wow" the Feds. They bought off on it. It works fine. Tom

Lynn,
Wow. I have been looking for a replacement air filter for my Cruisemaster and would love to join the bandwagon for a copy of the 337 form.

I actually was about to get Airmaize to manufacture some original filters for me.

My address is 613 Issaqueena trail, Central SC 29630

David Leigh

N7691B
'57' 230 model

lwford said:
Chucky Boy, I have a 337 Field Approval for the Brackett Air Filter Install. I would be happy to send you a copy of it. Just give me your address and I will send it to you. LYNN N9818B the crate :p

Hi,

I've got an approved 337 for the Brackett air filter installation on NC74488, it's for the Brackett BA-5110 filter, which happens to be the same as on the 172, I believe. My engine is a 180 horse Franklin. If that would be of any help to you (or anyone) I'd be happy to mail a copy of it to you. It fits nicely, and seems to do well.

Good luck!

Interesting that this topic has become active again.

I got FAA approval for my installation yesterday using the info that Lynn sent. Be sure to send the Brackett supporting data with the 337.

Thanks again, Lynn

Boys, I talked to Scott Brackett today about the BA-173. A new fool at his FAA FSDO is screwing the pooch. He will try to get an STC for the 14-19-2 and the Viking this fall. He will sell you the elements but can't sell the assembly due to a new fool in the FAA that says they are bogus parts! Just like the jerk in my FAA that disapproved a doubler for a GPS antenna on a fabric airplane. We put him back in his hole as we also have some very savy FAA airplane owners here, Thank God! LYNN N9818B the crate :evil: :!:

Back