Cabin Door leaks in flight!

mark

My door seals great on the ground, However when i get above 140-170 mph true the bottom of the door shows light and makes a heck of a noise. It had 3 latches on it when purchased but now has only two (top and side) . Does anyone out there have three latches? and ideas?? Mark

I wish I could go 140++. I have three latches on my door. The bottom latch is a door screen latch. I could not keep the bottom from pulling out. Makes noise and gets cold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have 3 latches on my Cruisemaster and the bottom latch is a rod that works in conjunction with the door handle latch. I deepened the side latch plate by 1/8 inch and had a new rod receptical machined for the bottom latch. I had the man move the hole inboard about 1/8th inch since the rod is tappered as it slides in the hole it tightens the door seal. Works great at all speeds. LYNN N9818B

Thats not a bad way of doing it. I will look at mine today and see if that would work. my latch will pull out sometimes when I pull up real hard when playing around. :lol: :lol:

I like that too Lynn. Seeing how I need to re-skin the door anyway, I might as well make it latch tight :!:

Back