chevron seals for 14-13 tailwheel

Chris Buerk

Can anyone recommend a supplier of chevron seals for a tailwheel rebuild? I tried rocketseals per a previous forum suggestion, but they don't have 'em. I've been surfing my @$$ off trying to find them to no avail. Even tried the local tractor supply house. Sheesh! I'm making this look really hard.

I'm frustrated. And the weather outside is incredible. rubble rubble fricka fracka.

The best place to find the seals is an oilfield seal supply house. There are several in OKC if you give me the dimensions of the seals I can see what they have.....Greg

I found mine at a local Hydrualic shop. One that repairs jacks and makes up hoses. :D Lynn N9818B :shock:

A local hydrualic supply house will have them. Take your parts with you and they will meassure them and get the right ones. They need to be high pressure seals. :lol: :lol:

thanks for the tip. I found a local hydraulic shop that ordered up a stack for $8.00. I wound up ordering three. I guess hunting down parts just takes practice. Not that I'm not having fun in the process, mind you. I love all facets of owning a classic airplane.

Chris

Back