Christen Inverted Oil System

Dave Kaiser

I have a 1986 7KCAB and would like to add the Christen Inverted Oil System. Does anyone know where to get the system from and what is the cost.

You may like to ask the factory this same question too.

The Christen system is available at Spruce & Specialty:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/christen801.php
and you'll need an STC to go with it - ask Spruce before you buy if its PMA'd for your airplane.
I see that there is an STC at
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgSTC.nsf/0/789F3D40CEB88C4285256CC20008C64B?OpenDocument&Highlight=7kcab

Some more info:
The Christen system is also rebadged as the Lycoming system - I don't know if they sell kits but going this way would mean a change in the model designation of your engine.

Dave, thanks for the replies, I checked with Spruce and they said that their system that they sell is for experimental use only as they have no stc for it. Been trying to check with the factory but no joy as it appears from their website that they have no contact phone numbers.
I have seen the article the club put on the website about the christen system but it had no points of contact, hoping that someone out there has done this and can steer me in the right direction.
I noticed on my first point that I typed the wrong year of my 7KCAB it is a 1968 not a 1986.

Dear Dave:

Christen Kit #801-4 is certified to the IO-320-E2A engine, but also requires Lycoming STC SE7CE, which consists of A.C.A. drawing 7-1312F, which I believe provides for an additional port in the sump.

Christen parts and kits are available (now a part of Aviat) PO Box 1240, Afton WY 83110, 307-886-3151. Unfortunately, they are not very sharp on the details. They have a manual on the 801 series under p/n 70047-001, last price was $11.93.

A.C.A. is at 800-223-9381.

Good luck,

Dave,

I just happen to have a copy of the 801 manual on the Christen Inverted Oil System. If you need it, I'll mail it to you IF you promise to mail it back. If and when you order the system you'll receive the same manual, so you'll only need mine if you want a 'preview'.

I spent ten years at the 'Pitts Factory', now Aviat. It's true that the 'parts person' you talk to when ordering from the factory has little to no idea what an airplane is. There have been a few good ones in the past, those that stayed with the job for several years and actually tried to learn something about the product. However, I'm afraid that's not been the case recently, (from what I hear).

Good luck with your project. Let me know if you want the manual.

Rareblair

Back