Christen Oil System

David Johnson

Does anyone have a phone number for the gentleman who owns the STC for adding the Christen Inverted Oil System to a 7KCAB that came with the flapper door system? I have a 1973 I am hoping to change over. Thanks, David Johnson

Dave,
I don't think you need an STC to use the Christen system on a 7KCAB. Bellanca used it on the 8KCAB starting in 1975, so I'm thinking they used it on the 7KCAB in 1975 and latter also. You should call ACA and talk to Jerry Jr. to confirm this. ACA 262-534-6315.
Bill Becker

Dave,
The Christen system is listed in my 1979 parts book for the 7KCAB, so it is approved for the airplane, but it is for the AEIO320, not the IO320. The drawing # is 7-1302. My thought is, it is approved for the 7KCAB, but you should still ask Jerry Jr. at ACA to see if it is ok on the IO320 without further paperwork other than the intallation drawing (which they will sell you). I see no reason for an STC.
Bill Becker

Bill, thanks for looking for me. Sorry not to reply for a while. Been working too much. I ordered the print from ACAC, but it shows the wrong version of engine. I am working on several updates with Chad in parts. Gascolator move, new fuel valve, second lap belt attachment, al landing gear, etc. I will see if I can get a letter or something from Jerry Jr. The only difference in my engine and the later ones is Slick mags. Hope everyone got to fly during the good wx. Thanks! David J.

Well, there is a paper work snag. See, the 7KCAB started coming with an AEIO-320 instead of the IO-320. So the system is part of the engine, not part of the airframe. Therefore, by the drawings, you can't put the system on an IO without some sort of conversion approval from Lycoming (to a AEIO) or a one time STC (modern 337). Its pretty lame, I know. Its been done before, best bet is finding an old 337 out there. I don't have much I can do about it, unless I start exercising DER privilages. :mrgreen:

Hello Dave johnston
Could you or someone contact me I am putting (trying to ) a christen system on a 1973 7 KCAB and I could use some direction

THX Robin 815 708 2569

Back