Cigarette Lighter Receptacle

N5284X

I'd like to install a cigarette lighter receptacle on the shelf just below my panel to plug in accessories; GPS, handheld radio, etc. There is a spot on the shelf that reads cigarette lighter, or something to that effect, yet it is not installed. I have a '69 7KCAB.

Does anybody know where I can get the proper receptacle? I'm guessing it has to be TSO'd or PMA'd or something silly like that. Or, can I just go to Napa Auto Parts and buy one and have that installed since it may need FAA field approval anyway?

There's also the cost benefit analysis - how much do batteries cost versus having it installed, etc, but it sure would be nice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Jon

Hi Jon, don't mess around with NAPA go straight to the Wal-Mart aviation dept and get one there :D :lol: . Really since you already have the factory decal just install one right next to the decal, install an inline 5 or 10 amp fuse(the glass tube type) and call it good. Must have been factory installed option.
GB

I ordered the part from Champion and it was 24$ for the exact same part that you will find at WalMart or Canadian Tire for about 8$...

You're right. if it'd a permanent installation you will need a 337. Make it removable and you won't. You make the call.
tom

Back