Conversion to single fuel selector switch

JackFulford

Greetings,
I am considering the conversion of the two tank tank selector switches (aux\off and l/R/off) to a single selector switch. Any points to consider? How challenging is the replumbing? Is a 337 required? Any samples available?

Thanks!

Jack, my two cents. The single valve was a Bellanca Rev. dated Aug. 07, 1957. The plumbing is all accessable from inside the ship. When I recovered the crate I checked all the hoses and connections but didn't write down any of the p/ns for valve etc. I know Glenn Hake was looking at replacing his single valve. I had called Carroll at AAC seeing if he had a valve but he said no. The valve is a 4 position Off (N) Rt(E) Aux(S) Lt(W). You may try Andair , a British company that makes excellent valves. Lynn the crate :idea:

I looked up the receipt, it was a pn XV239-10 for $50 dated 9/15/2011. I replaced the 50? :D year old "O" ring prior to installing. One heck of an excellent deal and great service from the factory, I didn't realize how worn the detents were on mine. I have excellent positive indication of valve position now. They said they found a box of them so more should be available if they look hard. I recall it was actually someone from Weber (the associated FBO on the field) that found that found the box.

I was going to try for approval with an Andair valve when the original showed up. Andair had one that could work for around $300 and the aggravation of paperwork.

Thanks Glenn, I will give Carroll another call with your p/n. that is a real deal. Lynn :D
oops looks like this is a 3 position valve. Three detents and three fittings. Sending it back to Carroll :cry:

I just ordered one of these for '01B. Same price....a few left, Carrol said. My detents were very weak and I had be careful when switching to make sure I maintained fuel pressure.
Dan

I bought that part No. XV239-10 also.
Just got it today. It's only got 3 ports, so it couldn't be for Left, Right & Aux tanks.
Dang. Gonna send it back too.
I guess I should have asked some detailed questions...

On second thought; It is a very nice selector valve, and my son is building an RV-9....
At $50, it's a very good deal.

Back