Cruisair 165 air intake info???

gjordan

Since my understanding is that none of our Cruisairs came from the factory with 165s, but the factory later upgraded many to the 165, does anyone have any information on the air intake from nose bowl to carb? I have a set up but have no idea if it is factory or if there was ever any paperwork on the factory conversions? Since my computer skills have not improved any, I will email some photos to Larry L and see if he can post them. Is there any personal knowledge out in Bellanca land? Thanks, Grant.

Since I am on the subject of air intakes I thought I would post a little about a Cruisair air-filter. It was never approved that I know of, but should work fine. It would need a little refinement before a 337 would have a chance of approval. It has some nuts on the inside that if they came loose could get sucked into the engine. I think proper aviation rivets would make it safer. Again, Larry is going to post some photos for me. I will dig out a 165 air-filter in a few days (that was also never approved) to show what can be done. I am doing a major hanger cleaning. _____Grant.

Back