Cruisair annual?

meat n the seat

Anybody knows who does a good Cruisair annual in the western U.S. Hopefully someone familiar with the aircraft who allows owner assist? thanks...Pete

Dear Pete:

Dan Torrey: MARS, Santa Paula, CA 805-933-3994. Dan is the Guru of Bellancas.

Larry Bell: Chico, CA 530-520-0439. Don't be put off by his mannerisms; he is a real Pro with gobs of Cruisair experience. He owns a fine one with lots of mods.

Nice to have real choices...

If you want, I will send you a copy of the checklist I put together for my annual.
When I finished my O&P for my A&P, my examiner said that if he ever needed an anal A&P, he would call me. I have been know to get carried away on some things. It is specific to my plane (which has a lot of field approval/modifications), but you can change it to however you like.
Larry

Robert and Larry, Thanks to both of you! Robert, I'll call both of the guys you recommended. Larry I would love a copy of your checklist. I have a mostly stock Cuisair except for Clevland brakes and a fixed pitch metal prop. Larry my email is nadonp@msn.com Thanks Pete

I do a few Cruiseair annuals and several Stinson annuals. I have a 14-13-3. I am in Oklahoma at PVJ Pauls Valley field. I have done Doug Baltsleys annual the last couple of years he is in New Mexico as well. You can come and help with the annual and stay at my house while we do it. You can email me at cglucas@suddenlink.net...Greg

Pete,

Does your bird have different master cylinders for the Clevelands? If so, could you shoot me a copy of the 337?

xodix@juno.com

Thanks.

Marilyn (my wife) and I met Larry on Monday.
We were visiting the Springfield area and came by Hobby Field to take pictures of a Rans for a photo ad in Barnstormers.
On the way out we drove by an open hanger with a Cruisair inside. Naturally we had to stop in. Larry Lowenkron was the owner and what a host! He treated us 'drop in' guests to the full tour of his most impressive Cruisair. So many mods and fine craftsmanship! He was just completing an annual and many covers were off. I was full of questions and Larry was very informative and passionate about his Cruisair.
I'm currently working out the purchase details on a Cruisemaster, and Larry had words of encouragement regarding Triple Tails and tail wheel landings for Marilyn.
Thanks Larry!
Scott & Marilyn Emery.

Back