Cruisair Main Gear Strut Oil Seal ??

jeffw

Does anyone know of a source or 'How to make your own' - main gear strut oil seals?

I have found two versions of an 'O.D/ I.D.best fit' neoprene seal but never fit tight enough, and the gear oil leaks out. Both a mess and can't keep oil in the struts.

Dan said he has some, it sure made a difference on how my plane lands with struts full, complete different airplane than the pogo sticking I was doing before!

Tried contacting Dan twice via this forum's contact - no joy yet. So reaching out to members.

OK, guys... I can get the chevron packings to you. I've been maxxed out here with other duties [so much for retirement].
Have patience. My inventory is low and I'll re-order a few more sets for the future.
Dan

Dan, What is retirement? everyday is a new day and trying to get all the stuff you can in one day, the old saying how did I ever work a 58 hr. work week?? Thanks when ever they get here is fine, it still flies and I do not plan on changing them out till next annual.

Stretched out in the Barcalounger, counting pine cones in the basket on the fireplace hearth.

are you guys talking about a seal that would go in the bottom of the upper leg in place of the felt that was original?

Back