Cruisair project

lemar

I've got a Cruisair project with good wings and an O-435. It hasn't flown since 1973 and I bought it as a retirement project. Turns out retirement is too busy to work on it and I'm thinking about getting rid of it. What's the consensus on selling as a complete project or parting it out?
LeMar

You will probably get more for it in parts, but you will be left with low-demand parts hanging around. If you have a significant other (SIGO), and she barks her shin on, say, an unused motor mount, you may end up tossing a perfectly good part into the trash. THAT would be a shame.
Regardless, if you do part it out and have leftovers, consider giving them away. There's just not enough parts out there to throw in the dumpster :( I for one would be glad to pay shipping for delivery rather than see them become landfill.

Personally, I'm hoping you will keep it all together :D

Greetings Lamar: I am an (old) A&P & IA up here in Idaho. I flew as a bush pilot in South America for 17 years, flying Stinsons, Maules & Cesna 206s & have owned a Chief, woodwing Mooney, Commonwealth Skyranger over the years.....I guess I love old airplanes. I have become involved with "Buildaplane" (promoted by Lyn Freeman, editor of Plane & Pilot magazine to get mechanics to involve highschool kids in rebuilding planes & building homebuilts to promote aviation's future.) I traded my motorcycle for an incomplete 14-13-2 project I am working on with kids. Since I have rebuilt a number of woodwing Mooney wings, a Chief, a cub, a Stinson & a Maule I am not intimidated by wood and fabric. Would you consider donating your plane to a Buildaplane chapter (we would love to have it here in Driggs! or selling it cheap enough for an A&P to afford? Hate to see it parted out ! Thanks Ken McCune 307-699-0087 mcbears@tetontel.com

I may be looking at letting go of my 14-13-2 in the not too distant future (more than likely at a bargain price, translates into "something an A&P can afford), it's a good airworthy airplane, but I'd rather let it go to a loving home for a bargain than tire kickers for a profit. I think you called me awhile back when I had mine listed, but I never called you because my wife decided to keep the jet (my apologies). Now my dad is contemplating having me take his 170B with 180 lyc off his hands to free up room, and since I came home from the hospital in it when I was a little kid, It's kind of part of the family. If you'd be interested I'll let you know when we get a little closer to decision time.

Howdy LeMar: Let me know if we can work something out. Meanwhile every afte noon I warm up the shop and am teaching teens the joys of rebuilding the wing root area on our project. I wanted to get the most tedious, slow stuff done first. Who could resist a Cessna 170 family heirloom?. I have a lot of fond memories of camping out of a 170 in the CA deserts as a college student. I have my grandfather's 1947 International Pickup he bought new. Just smelling the interior takes me back 50 years to riding in it on my dad's lap....enjoy it.
Ken

Were are you? If you are close to Dallas I would like to see the project. Anywhere within 300 m. as long as there is an airport close by. Might be interested in it. I have one flying and one in parts needing more parts. :lol: :lol:

I'm close to Sioux Falls, SD.

I don't feel I can afford to donate the whole project but if there is some left over after the good stuff sells, I'd be willing to donate it.

The wings are pretty much ready for cover and are in nice shape. The ailerons, flaps, elevators and rudder are all stripped clean and hanging on the wall of my hangar.

All of the pieces look pretty good, I just don't have time to do the project. I had a Cruisair several years ago and really enjoyed it. That's why I bought this project.

Lemar:
Will you e-mail me with a price quote for your elevators?

My e-mail is cruisair@hotmail.com

Lemar
I saw your post with the #. I will call you this weekend. I lost my voice about 2 weeks ago and just went to the doc yesterday. Gave my something to help me. :lol: :lol:

Back